Friday 18 September 2009

Language skills - Use them or lose them

It’s never been easier to keep your hard-earned language skills alive - the Web offers access to masses of free content as well as enabling us to buy movies, books and the like as they come out. But if you think the social element is missing in all this, check out Meetup.

I was surprised to find (I shouldn’t be) two active Italian Meetup groups in my area (Greater Manchester, UK). The city centre group has a good mix of ‘real’ Italians and people like me who - as a friend cheekily puts it - like Dolmio. They get together once a month for a meal or a drink - and to bemoan the fact that you can’t get a decent cappuccino anywhere in the UK. Last thing I heard they were starting a reading group - which reminds me. I need to sign up to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment